My little girl is growing too fast! I miss all the cuddles in the carrier all afternoon already! Well, she is happy to sleep in bed now. My cuddle time is replaced with lots of food preps and cleaning time cause little Anika loves to eat by herself and I love to cook for her. Its a way to love her, if you know what I mean?
Here are some observations at 6 months old:
- She rolls both ways swiftly and can roll all the way across the room.
- At the start of this month she could sit independently for 5-10 minutes. At the end of this month, she hardly ever falls back for long periods of time. I still do place my breastfeeding pillow behind her just in case.
- She has started staying in push ups (while on tummy) for lot longer and also comes on to her knees. She can slither if she wants to but its a very frustrating experience for her.
- Anika can stand when supported for few seconds. Loves playing sit and stand game.
- She is obsessed with dots and moles.
- She seems really fascinated with body parts. We read lots of books and sang songs for the same.
- Her favorite hangout changed from her Montessori room to our bathroom! She can stay playing there all day.
- She takes all her day naps in bed, unless unwell then she wants to go back in the carrier.
- First few months, people really intimidated her and she preferred to stay with me and my husband. This month, she has loved interacting with people. So we have had lots of outdoor adventures.
- She absolutely loves her food and feeds herself during all the three meals.
- Shows that she understands some words. Ex- Sasha (family dog, looks around for her), scream (responds by screaming when we row row row the boat), trees, lift, pull, push (does all the actions correctly), come……
- Shows that she has a good memory. Ex- searches for the converter in the wall socket that was there yesterday.
- Reading books, dancing, gnawing in her teethers, exploring treasure baskets and understanding the cause/effect of everything at home were her favorites this month.
- She loves action songs and her favorite for the month was ‘wheels on the bus’.
- Shows strong logic/ reasoning and keen interest in making sense of the world. She looks below the basin to see where the water goes. She cries if we put music on our phone without showing her where the voice is actually coming from.
- Pulls the neckline of my tops towards her when she wants to feed.
- Loves playing with strings, zips, labels and keys.
- She directs me towards where she wants to go with her arms and legs (extended out or flexed back) and her eyes.
- She loves discovering every little detail at home. She has learnt to pull and push most doors at home! Her current favorites are watching me manipulate the pedal to open and close our rubbish bin, pulling out the toilet paper roll and watching the shower water disappear in the drain! She guides me to these favorites and demands I show her or let her do it 😀
She is shown her personality more and more this month. She feels so aware, so happy and so strong-willed. I am sure there are heaps more which I cannot recollect at the moment…but all in all time is passing by too fast and I am trying to make the most of the days, when I can still call her my ‘baby’.